The passport agency is currently experiencing a historic volume of applications, and an exceptionally large number of passport expedite requests. As a result, routine passport processing can take up to 18 weeks and expedited processing up to 12 weeks. If your travel date is approaching and your application has been pending within these time frames, we may be able to help. Call our district office at 630-585-7672 for assistance.
- For general questions regarding the State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs passport services, see the State Department's Frequently Asked Questions about Passports web page.
The following information is for immigrants. Please contact my office for assistance with any questions or problems you may have.
- How can I apply for lawful permanent residence ("green cards")?
- How can I obtain information on naturalization?
- How can I gain employment authorization?
- Are there services for anyone who has a case pending With USCIS?
- How can I obtain legal advice?
- How can I undergo an immigration medical examination?
- How can I adopt a child from another country?