Mobile Menu - OpenMobile Menu - Closed

Help with a Federal Agency

If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, my office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

Residents of the 11th Congressional District of Illinois can contact me for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies. To begin the process, fill out the online authorization form by using the link at the bottom of this webpage. 

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your request—such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, email, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved

Please Note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. Additionally, the individual requiring assistance must be the one to fill out the authorization form. We cannot accept authorization forms that have been completed by family or friends on the behalf of another person. 

Authorization Form